Grace Presbyterian History
A group of individuals met on Sunday, July 13, 2014 for a meal to discuss the need for a conservative evangelical reformed style of worship and theology for the Conway community. This group of individuals decided to meet for worship and obtained the use of the Four Winds Chapel through Pat Ott for a building for worship.
The first worship for this group was on Sunday, September 28, 2014 at the Four Winds Chapel. 39 individuals met for the first worship at the Four Winds Chapel.
On Sunday, October 5, 2014 the worshippers decided to incorporate as Grace Presbyterian Church of Conway.
After much discussion, information and prayer, Grace Presbyterian Church voted on Sunday, November 9, 2014 to submit an application to the ECO (Covenant Order and Evangelical) Presbyterian Church as a church with the ECO Presbyterian Church denomination.
On Sunday, November 23, 2014, Grace Presbyterian voted to lease property at 1010 Hogan, Suites 2 and 3 from Covington Properties.
On Sunday, December 7, 2014, Grace Presbyterian voted on its first Session, electing five Elders to serve on the first Session for Grace Presbyterian Church of Conway.
On Sunday, December 21, 2014, Grace Presbyterian held its first worship service at 1010 Hogan Lane with 50 in attendance.
The first Session meeting was held on Monday, January 12, 2015. The ECO application was submitted and Grace Presbyterian Church of Conway was accepted by letter to the ECO Presbyterian denomination under the Presbytery of the West on March 6, 2015. Jim Hays was also accepted by the ECO to be a Commissioned Lay Pastor (CLP) for Grace Presbyterian Church.